1. Underline the correct item.
1) His advice ……… (was, were, has, will) very valuable.
2) Much of the (equipment, computers, computer, equipments) in the office needs updating.
3) A car is a (mean, means, meanes, mine) of transport.
4) How many (cigarettes, cigarette, a cigarette, cigaretteses) do you smoke a day?
5) When I got to the theatre, they were already playing (the act two, act two, second act, the act second).
6) Unusual facts, marvels are called (phenomenon, pehiomenons, phenomen, phenomena).
7) The brown sweater is (good, better, best, the best).
8) That was (interesting, more interesting, most interesting, the most interesting) movie I have ever seen.
9) Uncle Carl is really (an old sweet, sweet a old, a sweet old, sweet an old) man.
10) Which is (long, longer, longest, the longest) the river Dnipro or the river Dnister?
11) Fanny can saw dresses so (good, well, better, best).
12) Taras drives (dangerous, dangerously, more dangerous, dangerouslyer).
13) Those apples look (delicious, most delicious, deliciously, most deliciously). May I have one?
14) She often sneaks out of the house (quiet, most quiet, quietly, the quiet).
15) I (absolutely, then, ever, so) refuse to stay here any longer.